Keeping families close when they need it most.
Ronald McDonald House Houston offers a home away from home providing care, compassion and hope to families with seriously ill children being treated in Texas Medical Center member institutions.
- Holcombe House a freestanding 50-bedroom home for longer term stays
- House inside Texas Children’s Hospital with 20 bedrooms
- House inside Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital with 14 bedrooms
- Four Family Rooms inside Texas Children’s Hospital
- Family Room inside MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Cookie Corner inside Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus
When a child becomes critically ill, the nearest treatment might be far from home in an unfamiliar community and medical center. Whether the child is facing cancer treatment, an organ transplant or recovering from a major surgery, this treatment might require long periods of hospitalization and extended periods of hospital-based therapy.
It is very important to the child’s healing that the family is able to stay close to their young loved one. The costs for an extended stay hotel, months of parking fees or traveling from home to the hospital and extra meals adds up quickly. And staying alone in a hotel room is lonely.
Ronald McDonald House Houston offers an affordable and comfortable place to stay where families have the chance to take their mind off their stress so they can be most helpful and supportive to their child and the other siblings. A nap, snack, hot meal, shower or even a chance to talk with another mom and dad is restorative and nurturing during an anxious time.
Read more about how staying at a Ronald McDonald House can help your family heal together.